Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Anita Harvey Selters

After graduation from Northeastern came college at Bob Jones University, Greenville, South Carolina, where I majored in music education and married my wonderful husband, Rex Selters. Further education took us to Atlanta, Georgia, for seminary, to Columbia University in New York City, and to Baylor University, Waco, Texas, for his Ph.D. in psychology. During those years I taught or typed, then pursued my own master's degree at Baylor. Our son George was born in Brooklyn and Dan later in Waco.

Growing up in Ohio, I never dreamed my adult life would be spent in Texas, but it has been a very good life. Rex has now retired from private practice as a psychologist and teaching at Baylor. I retired from public school music and supervising student teachers but continue directing the children's choir at church and "playing the organ at the Presbyterian Church" to quote the Statler's song, "Class of '57."

Five years ago we built a log cabin on a 215-acre ranch and thoroughly enjoy country living while still maintaining limited involvement in our careers. Son George is a financial planner living in Ruidoso, New Mexico, with wife Melissa and our granddaughter, Linday, and grandson Dane. Son Dan lives in nearby Fort Worth and works for Lockheed as an aerospace engineer. We enjoy visiting family, traveling on various cruises, and I have taken up quilting as another creative hobby along with my music and flowers. Rex and I just returned from his 50th high school reunion in Illinois and look forward to seeing all of you in Ohio in September.

No comments: