Saturday, March 3, 2007

Has It Really Been Fifty Years?

Boy how time flies. Here are a few of the things that have happened to me since leaving Northeastern.

After high school, I joined the Marine Corps and was able to spend time in the Far East and Southeast Asia. After leaving the Marine Corps, I became a member of the Springfield Police Division and at the same time completed a degree in Criminal Justice. I retired from the police division in 1989 and took a position as Director of Development at the Ohio Masonic Home, where I received an eye-opening education in non-profit fundraising. It was a refreshing change to have the opportunity to talk with people that wanted to talk and were being truthful.

In 1997, I returned to law enforcement by accepting a position with the Ohio Attorney General's Office and spent the next nine years investigating political corruption cases and cold case homicides around the state. I finally retired January 2006.

I met my wife, Rita, on a blind date in 1961 and we were married in 1962. We have three sons, Mike is a police officer, Eric works for a moving and storage company and Sean is a firefighter. We have five grandchildren, ranging in ages from 8 to 21, and we enjoy every opportunity to spoil them.

Rita owned a hair salon, in Springfield, for many years but is now semi-retired.

We are fortunate enough to spend our winters in southwest Florida but still maintain our home in Springfield.

We are looking forward to the reunion....yes, fifty years is a long time.

Bob Beedy (Rita)
rbeedy@woh.rr.com

No comments: