Ernie Neer
Ernie Neer has sent some information about his life during the past 50 years, and I'm happy to post it for all of you to read. I'm also posting photos of Ernie and his wife Jane that were taken in September 2005 when we were all in Ohio for the wedding of our shared nephew Steve Neer (my sister Marilou is married to Ernie's brother Harold, and Steve is their son). Here is what Ernie has to say:
Graduated from Northeastern in 1957, and from Ohio State in 1966. Served in the US Army from 1960 to 1963, stationed in Hanau Germany. I learned to speak German while there and took some German at Ohio State. I still speak German.
Cheryl Dippel and I were married in Nov. 1971 in Aurora, Ill. There are two daughters, both born in Richmond, VA. Lara Therese, born in May 1974, and Katherine Marie, born in Feb. 1978.
I was widowed in March of 1993 after a twelve year battle with cancer.
The thing of which I am most proud is our girls, they handled their mother's loss, and have gone on to be college graduates, with good jobs, and they are married to nice men. And I am a grandfather, Amanda Lucille, born Dec. 18, 2005, Craig and Kathy's little girl. (I like to call myself Opa, German for grandpa).
I was remarried to a Richmond girl, Miss Jane Terrell on Jan. 16, 1999. We've been married for eight years now and are doing just grand. We are both retired, and have done a fair amount of traveling.
I worked for Western Electric/Lucent in Chicago, North Carolina, and Richmond as an engineer, until 1996 when I retired from Lucent. The next work was with Viasystems here in Richmond until 2001, when I really retired.
Graduated from Northeastern in 1957, and from Ohio State in 1966. Served in the US Army from 1960 to 1963, stationed in Hanau Germany. I learned to speak German while there and took some German at Ohio State. I still speak German.
Cheryl Dippel and I were married in Nov. 1971 in Aurora, Ill. There are two daughters, both born in Richmond, VA. Lara Therese, born in May 1974, and Katherine Marie, born in Feb. 1978.
I was widowed in March of 1993 after a twelve year battle with cancer.
The thing of which I am most proud is our girls, they handled their mother's loss, and have gone on to be college graduates, with good jobs, and they are married to nice men. And I am a grandfather, Amanda Lucille, born Dec. 18, 2005, Craig and Kathy's little girl. (I like to call myself Opa, German for grandpa).
I was remarried to a Richmond girl, Miss Jane Terrell on Jan. 16, 1999. We've been married for eight years now and are doing just grand. We are both retired, and have done a fair amount of traveling.
I worked for Western Electric/Lucent in Chicago, North Carolina, and Richmond as an engineer, until 1996 when I retired from Lucent. The next work was with Viasystems here in Richmond until 2001, when I really retired.


No comments:
Post a Comment