Thursday, January 25, 2007

Jim Schuttenberg


After graduating from Northeastern, I attended Ohio University for four years and graduated in 1961 with a degree in mathematics. I met my future wife Lynn while I was there, and we were married in 1963. Through the years I worked as a software engineer for General Electric, Honeywell, and Bull (a French company). We lived in Daytona Beach for the first seven years we were married and have been in Arizona since 1970. Lynn has worked as a high school teacher, sewing instructor, CPA and tax accountant, and head of Human Resources for a large national builder. I retired in 1999 and she followed in 2001. We've done a fair amount of traveling since retirement and like to go on cruises.

We have three children - Laurel in Denver, David in New York City, and Douglas in Mesa, Arizona. Laurel has three children, ages 10, 8, and 5, and David and his wife Tina have a baby daughter who was born last November. Doug and his wife Tiffany have a dog named Daphne that we like to keep occasionally.

The picture of Lynn and me that I've included here was taken on a Nile riverboat cruise that we took with Grand Circle Travel last March. During that trip we visited Israel, Egypt, and Jordan.

We hope to attend the class activities in Ohio in September, and I'm looking forward to renewing old acquaintances with many classmates. Susie Runyan Bauer and I have enjoyed getting this website up and running, and we hope many of you will decide to participate and share information about yourselves. A lot has happened since 1957!

No comments: