Thursday, August 16, 2007

Joann Gremler Riley

In 1958 I married Jim Riley, the love of my life and we are still married. I was engaged to him in my senior year. I was working at Hart Jewelry when school ended and continued there for several years until going to work as Secretary for the Boy Scouts of America for Clark, Greene and Champaign Counties. From there I retired to the tune of "stay at home" Mom and Secretary for my husband at Riley's Asphalt Paving Service. We owned and operated our Company for 30 years. Retiring four years ago, we now live 6 months in Ohio and 6 months in Melbourne, Florida. We have one son, Jeff, who lives in Houston, Texas. One daughter, Jennifer, married to Dan Duncan, also Northeastern Grad. They live in Eugene, Oregon. Needless to say, we travel a lot.

Both of our children graduated from Kenton Ridge. Jennifer and Dan have 3 precious boys, ages 10, 8, and 2 - Liam, Riley and Malcolm. We are very fortunate, as we do get to see them often. We recently brought the two older ones home with us from a trip out there. They wanted to travel in the motorhome, as they always fly when they come here. I can tell you, we had a wonderful time. WE wore THEM out everyday!

We welcome anyone who would like to visit us, we are in the Springfield phone book and also the Melbourne, FL phone book.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the '57 Class Reunion.


No comments: