Marcia Russell Roach

Hi "57" Grads. Here's the short version on what I've been up to the last 50 years.
After graduation I worked as a secretary in a Springfield business. I married and had two sons, Chris and Greg Robinson. I ultimately turned in my high heels and nice lunches for an apron and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I was a stay-at-home mom for several years before returning to the work force. I had a long career in accounting. I retired from Wendy's International Corp. in the year 2000.
I married Bill Roach, another Charleston boy, in 1994. We have five sons between us. They have given us four grandchildren and one great grandchild. My youngest son Greg is deceased.
Bill and I are both retired but still work part time. We enjoy puttering around our garden and doing projects on our home in Galloway, Ohio. We travel to the beach every chance we get. We love the Buckeyes and watch all the O.S.U. basketball and football games. We also follow our grandson Bryan's college basketball games. We are hoping to see him play at Las Vegas this fall. Our oldest grandson, Pete, returned last year from serving in Iraq with the U.S. Marines. He is married with a son and a baby due in August 2007. One granddaughter, Brittany, is in college and our little one, Maya, is only four years old. Get ready for the photographs ...
Other than a few aches and pains we are relatively healthy. I am a cancer survivor and am thankful for every day.
I'm looking forward to seeing all of you at the class reunion in September. Till then, best wishes.
Marcia Russell Roach
Bilmarroach@sbcglobal.net

No comments:
Post a Comment