Tuesday, February 27, 2007

About Me

I moved to NC in 1982 and pursued a career in law-enforcement. In the fall of 1983 I entered the police academy and graduated second in my class. Twenty-five began and only fifteen completed. I scored, in state, in the upper four. I guess we're never too old to realize our dreams. I worked for Enfield, NC for two years and moved on to Duke University. If you do the math you will figure out how old I was when I graduated. I only wish I had begun earlier.
It was during those years that I discovered I could write. Two years ago I was invited to write for My Walk With Jesus newspaper out of SC. Three years ago I was one of the authors in Bob
Casey's new book Wisdom from the Journey. I have been blessed. Perhaps one day there will be a book in store for me.

I love the south. I was born in Tennessee and migrated back to my southern roots in 1981. My husband passed away in 1987 at the age of 43. I remained unmarried.

I love working with young people and with my church family. I love to laugh and I love making others laugh. Thus the poem Life After Sixty Seven.

Please write or call
poetrybyjan@aol.com

No comments: